What is An Executive File?
EXE is the file extension for an executable file format. It is one of the most useful files in the Windows operating system. Each installed program on your PC uses an executable file, that is to say, any program can’t be run without the executable file. An EXE file can be run by a program or through a command or double clicks.
EXE files are commonly used by people that there is a list of reasons why we need to lock executable files.
1. There might be some private programs like tax preparation software, personal finance or email programs on your PC. For your data security, one thing comes to your mind is to keep them away from anybody’s access.
2. Since chatting tools like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, etc. become so popular today, most of us use them every day for work or simple communication. Sometimes we use them to talk private things and if your friend tends to use your PC occasionally, it’s necessary to keep them locked down.
3. A child can’t do anything with your installed programs, but they prefer keyboard slamming which will accomplish more than you think! They may send a not finished email, ruin the pictures in Photoshop, and even let you quit the fighting in your games.
4. If you are enjoying the most fantastic part of the movie using media players like WMP, RealPlayer, KMPlayer, etc., you’ll probably not want someone else to mess with the rest while you are off.
5. As we use web browsers frequently, they must have automatically filled in the password field during your login process. Those who use your browser will have a great possibility to get the passwords and each of them corresponding to a specific website.
For whatever reasons you want to lock EXE files on your computer, there is always a way out to solve the problem. In this post, we will list three programs which can help you out from the above situations.
1. Free EXE Lock
The first solution here is to use Free EXE Lock, which can lock any executable file in Windows including all the above programs mentioned. Luckily for us, it is completely free for you to use to increase the security of your executable files. You can lock programs with custom passwords of your choice and whenever you want to unlock your file, just enter the same password and it will unlock. The whole process is no more than a few clicks that that even a newbie can handle it without any technical knowledge.
Now, just go ahead to lock those personal EXE files on your PC because EXE is worth a shot. The following tutorial completely demonstrates how Free EXE Lock can be used to lock programs with a password:
- Step 1. Select an EXE File
Click “Select” to select an *.exe file to encrypt or use “Browse” to open the directory.
- Step 2. Enter Password
Type the password in “Password” box with no more than 18 characters and retype the password in “Confirm”.
- Step 3. Encrypt the EXE File
Click “Encrypt” to encrypt the EXE file and the encryption. To decrypt the EXE file, enter the password in “Password” and click “Decrypt”.
Lockthis is also an innovative software, which has the ability to password protect Windows executable programs. Lockthis can also be password-locked, that means that not any other person can run or uninstall it unless they have the password. It is easy to operate that an executable file, shortcut, icons from the Start Menu can be dragged directly to the main window for encryption.
Some people have pointed out that AppLocker is another option for program encryption. AppLocker uses state of the art encryption to make sure that the program once locked, can’t be opened by anyone without a right password. Just pick the EXE file you want to lock, enter a password and hit the Lock button to lock the file! As easy as it promises.